CiRo In Progress [UPDATE #2 05/12/02]

Hi folks!

Lately I got the bad habit of posting directly in the Finished Project Forum :frowning:

So, here is the very first and very early WIP of my next BattleMech

Code name: CiRo

UPDATE IMAGE #2 HERE
->http://www.selleri.org/Blender/images/ciro-tn.jpg<-

Materials are just for easier modelling.

The view actually hides back of leg… where more details are \me self-baps on the head…

Hip is still to be worked on a lot

I’m thinking about a couple of protuding pipers or so in the Leg…

Comments?

Stefano

Looks great. Toes seem a little wierd to me, but that could be just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to see more.

/me really needs ot get his mech done now. :frowning:

BgDM

you should set the lamp shine distance (cant remember the name) higher to avoid sharp edges where the lamps cease to shine… :wink:

your habit is a bad excuse…you’re an admin so you can probably move the thread to a different forum, right? 8)

I agree with BgDm about the toes. Maybe make them one piece or add another joint?? Otherwise, stellar work so far, Stefano! Also, a nice render for a WIP.

how about resizing those thighs…they seem to be rather small for the leg. or mabbe u could rig up a really massive looking one. but its still good!

…waitng for more…

Thanx for comments…

… I’ll try to see if I can make toes bigger :smiley:

I must stop posting that late… i posted to the WRONG forum… it was intended for the WIP forum, and indeed the message was stating that…

Updates soon :slight_smile:

Stefano

SECOND update!!!

First message always shows latest update.

And the good news is that rigging and actions are all ready!

I will either make an animation like this or add some more details in the inner ring :slight_smile:

Comments?

Stefano

That is so cool. I really like the design. Reminds me of surreal cartoons from the 50’s where strange creatures walked around only not saying your idea looks like a cartoon. Now for the weird comment, I’m more of an artist and not so much an engineer but it seems when it walked there would be a possiblity of it toppling over sideways. So may in the center have some kind of gyroscope thing to keep it upright and from falling sideways.
You’ve got a great imagination.
Paradox

That is one friggin wierd looking mech leg! I like it.

BgDM

Oh oh oh, forgot this was just a leg my imagination went for a ride and I was thinking it was a complete robot creature. Forget my comments on toppling over :-?
Paradox

It reminded me of those hindu statue with many arms (yeah, I need to see a psychiatrist, I know :stuck_out_tongue: )

It’s really artsy.

Martin

Thanx pals,

paradox you were right in first message, that’s (almost) complete… I’m actually thinking of something to place in the center, but the mech is there at 90%, expecially because vertex count is somewhere around 900k, and I still need place for a landscape :frowning:

Stefano

errr…does it walk or roll on those legs?? :slight_smile:

You shall see 8)

Anim is at frame 102 out of 600 (15 minutes per frame, so be patient)

Stefano

Cool so it is almost complete, even cooler. Looking forward to seeing the avi. I’m patient. Well almost. Hurry up. :slight_smile:
Paradox