City At Night

+1 for more reflective on the buildings.
On the background world texture, you can click “real sky” and blend sky, and on the little color picker below them, on that white to black slider, turning that down a little closer to black might help take out that ambient a little bit. (Sorry if I’m not making sense. I haven’t slept. Blendering is addictive…)
Is this something that you want to put to bed and we’re just hassling you, or are you gonna use it as a shot in a bigger animation? If so, it’s a cool shot at this point. Flying helicopters would really sweeten this, though. :smiley:

JK. It’s fine. You did good. I hope you’ll put this in work finished.
Unless you want more criticism?
ducks

The newest render is a great improvement! And the addition of the skyscraper really fits!

i think that there is a noticiable problem: where’s the camera focus? nowhere? bokeh filter its lovely, but you cant just apply it at the whole image. Something has to be focused. Place something you like in front of camera, like a helicopter, or a statue. And about the buildings, they’re all same color. Put different colors and even some with mirror option.

The focus in the first one is the mid-ground buildings, the second one is on the skyscraper.

Tutorial

Sorry I just caught this, but Suicidator is only for 2.49? Dayum. That’s not good.
Do you know if anyone is ever going to port it, or create something similar for the newer Blender? Something that would work in Cycles like this would be insanely useful. You’d have like a billion Cycles cities all the sudden…

Sorry I just caught this, but Suicidator is only for 2.49? Dayum. That’s not good.
Do you know if anyone is ever going to port it, or create something similar for the newer Blender? Something that would work in Cycles like this would be insanely useful. You’d have like a billion Cycles cities all the sudden…

Actually, Piiichan, the guy who made it is in the process of coding a massive 2.5 feature release of SCG. Too bad by then Blender will have moved on to 2.6. :stuck_out_tongue: