CJ#2 - December 2005 - JAN. 20 VIDEO TUTE CORRECTED AGAIN!!

As of right now, nothing yet. Once I get someone to encode it better, I will let you all know in this thread.

BgDM

Ok thanks,

Don’t hesitate to nominate me to re-encode it, Im sure I have a few hours spare sometime over the weekend, and owe this forums users a favour or two for all the help i have had.

Lee

Not sure if this helps…

http://www.free-codecs.com/

Meeting Basse! :smiley: great!

thanks, i’m downloading the tutorial from mr_bomb right now…

I will have a DivX version now from fab, (Thanks fab, btw :smiley: ). I will get it uploaded today and post a link here for you all.

It’s only about 80 MB in size.

BgDM

Ah excellent. How is the sound?

OK, video tute has been encoded to smaller file size.

Go to the CJ and see it.

BgDM

Sound is still well out of sync (using VLC 0.8.2, win XP).

Thanks to everyone for their efforts, this looks like a great tutorial.

Yes, looks like we may have to live with the sound the way it is. Sorry.

BgDM

Cool. Downloading it now. I will see if I can align the audio now that it’s in AVI format. The video is awesome, and a great one for the newer version of Blender.

Thank you.

One issue is that the new file isn’t an AVI at all, but is really an OGM (ogg movie) file. I know ogg is a completely open format, but would it be better to have this be in an avi file with mp3 audio instead? That’d be much more widely supported by various players out there.

If people would like, I could attempt to remux the video to avi and recompress the audio to mp3 and try to synch up the audio at the same time…

Shawn

That would be great shawn :stuck_out_tongue:

I would sure appreciate it.

Lee

Indeed, that would be appreciated.

BgDM

Hi,

Dowloaded the jan 11 80Meg version, still sound out of sync I’m afraid…
Perhaps the author could use audiodub (or similar) to re- record audio?

Also a usefull thing would be a text showing hot keys used in the tutorial.

It looks great! so its a shame its virtually un-usable exept to make us jealous of the skills shown!

I’m thinking this may be some sort of VBR issue because it seems as though it isn’t evenly deformed length-wise. I can get it pretty close, but it seems like some areas are behind while others are ahead. Right now I’m waiting to see if mr_bomb has the original audio. If so, I think I’ll have it fixed quick…

Shawn

Yeah, I was starting to think the audio was beyond repair, Sounds like a few recordings i have done when it has skipped frames or something like that when the computer is under load.

But if mr_bomb has the original there’s some hope.

Much appreciated shawn. :smiley:

I have new found respect for authors and editors and compressors of video files :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a task if you have the software to do it. It’s a long video and you have to catch it when he mentions a task that is out of sync, then slice the audio where he mentions it and slide the track foward.

I started doing it, and it is taking a while. I may be a little too slow at completing this, and I don’t want to just “schlub” it all together. After that, I have to experiment with cleaning and mp3’ing the audio format. If my task isn’t to “schlubbed” up, I will… well, I guess first I should see if I can even fix this.

there’s times while I am doing this where I’m thinking in the back of my mind “there is an Elysiunian who knows how to do this 500 times better than how I am doing this right now…daggnabit, I suck”. I can actually live with the way the video is, but I know it would be important to make this file smaller and sync’d right for dial-up users and beginners. I just hope I am able to finished this and get it small enough.

Duky,

Are you just slicing and moving or also stretching? I was able to get the audio relatively close by way of stretching. That might require a bit less cutting. Then again, if you’ve already started, sometimes it is easier to keep plugging along. :slight_smile:

As far as size goes, I could probably get it down pretty small using H.264 in MP4. It should compress very well since most of the screen isn’t moving most of the time. I’m not sure how good it’d be going from xvid into it, though… better with clean source. The disadvantage of H.264 is needing around 1ghz to play smoothly, but probably most people using blender have relatively quick machines.

I recently put a 35min instructional vid up (using dv footage) and ended up with H.264, xvid, and mpeg-1 as options for people and archive.org for hosting. This is slightly off topic, but if you own the rights to your video (which you would in a blender tutorial without music), archive.org is pretty nice for hosting in their Open Source Movies section. It didn’t flinch at my 600megs or so of video (counting all three versions), and can direct link to the files.

Shawn

The sound was recorded directly into the video file, so unless the original movie file would help, which I do have… Will that work?

I thought about stretching at first. But then I’d have to use a pitch-shift plugin on top of other tings like gate and compression, eq and filtering and I thought that it would increase the audio file size. I am trying to just slice em and pull the cut edges in, then I will use the onboard compression/gate/limiter and see what happens.

Whew…Long file…Boy, do I have respect :stuck_out_tongue: