Clarification on a few topics

Hey, I have a few questions that I can’t find a clear enough answer that i hope you guys can provide in a thick-skull suited form:

1. How can I set a scene to have full brightness, making it so that I don’t need to set lights? I’m making a really simple project, and don’t need/want shadows or the fancy stuff lights allow. I know about the “sun” light setting, but it still is a light.

2. Though I have them working, what are the bare essentials to create a background and text scene? Cameras I assume they need to make objects appear. What about lights?

3. Considering i need a main scene to play, a background and a hud, what is the ideal loading order to load them, or will the “overlay” byte in addScene take care of it? I have addScene in this order: load background, load hud, replace main scene with playing scene and it works. Only hud scene has the overlay flag at “1”.
    Just wanted to know if there’s a better way to deal with multiple scene loading at the same time, like loading the hud through the play scene or other stuff.

4. How can I make the limits of the camera on the viewport reflect the actual view I want to implement? I want to set the window size as 800x600, but the camera aspect ratio limits in the viewport are much smaller, so to make something near the edges of the game screen, I need to put them out of the limits in the viewport… Kinda confusing, I know.

5. How can I set the framing through python? I’ve been searching, to no avail. Last resource is using the framing option in the IDE.

Thank you very mucho grande, señores muy bonitos con caña de azucar muy dulce.

1 -> the ambeint setting next to the sky/mist color will brighten it up if you make it lighter.

blablah…

nope , is just with GLSL that seem mandatory one light

in multitexture work as say cam.dudes

1 - You can use “shadeless” under the Material > Shading.

3 - I have not used scenes to much, but what about only use main and background scene, and then use Moguri’s BGUI - https://code.google.com/p/bgui/

4 - Sounds like you should modify the focal length of the camera?

1. In addition to martin’s suggestion, you can also up the Emit value in the objects’ material (for GLSL mode, I believe).

2. Lights aren’t necessary. In GLSL mode, without lights, everything turns up black unless their material is set to shadeless or has its emit value turned up. In Single-Texture (and Multi-Texture?) mode, things turn up shadeless unless there’s a light (if I recall correctly).

3. It doesn’t really matter that much, but be careful of loading the same kind of scene twice in a row (like two overlay scenes). Their order might not be as wanted (i.e. you might load the HUD scene, and then a screen filter scene, when you wanted them reversed). If that happens, try loading the scenes over more game frames (so that the scenes can be added into the game before you load the next one).

4. You can alter the display resolution (which also affects the aspect ratio) by (ensuring that you’re using the Blender Game render mode), going into the render tab and changing the standalone / embedded resolution. I also make a separate screen (at the top, where it says “Game”) for testing my game with the correct aspect-ratio. I use a panel next to the 3D view to resize it to just the size for the camera to fill up:

In the pic above, the camera view is slightly smaller than the 3D view. I have passepartout enabled on the camera (in the camera settings), so the thin dark areas at the top and bottom of the 3D view is where the camera won’t render. I push the panel on the right over so that the 3D view just gets the camera and nothing else (none of the dark, passepartout area). When you’re zoomed in 100% and see nothing but what the camera will render, that’s the view that the game will have when exported (but, of course, with the resolution that you specified).

1. You can’t change the framing of the scene in-game, to my knowledge. Fortunately, you would tend to choose one of them and stick with them through the game. It would be a nice feature to add, though.

As a side-note, each scene has its own framing, so be sure to make them all the same. You could make duplicate scenes with the different framing options and switch to them as you need to, but that would be pretty ugly.

Thanks, guys.