Clash On Little Pond

This is just awesome stuff!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I continued to put the vines to beautify the scene.
I’m almost done, I’ll just add some more detail and then paint the texture.

Now, just for the week I will continue, as we will take a break.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

I hope you had a good weekend.
My workday just started today and I’m bringing you the vines finished. I’ve painted the texture and put them on the scene.
Tomorrow I will start a new object, which I haven’t decided yet…

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started modeling the vegetation to decorate our little lake.
I started with the vegetation that is more typical in a lake and later I will add more different ones.
Tomorrow I will finish painting and try to start another object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

6 Likes

This is getting to a very pleasant looking state :slight_smile:

Looking great so far! How far are you guys into the modeling pocess? how much % is done so far?

Can you tell anything about the other characters? What kind of animals are they going to be (Bullys and bar staff)? Frogs, same as Luso?

It’s nice to see such a passion and dedication on a project! Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers

Hey @hum-bee,
Thank you very much!

Scenery 3d modeling and set dressing is at about 80%, but, unfortunately, I hadn’t any time to work on the character design/modeling. We’ll do the same way as for RS! I’ll make the naked models and @Rute_Perdiz will add the clothes based on both mine and her vision… (for female characters is more her vision alone :sweat_smile:).

The plan is to make all the assets breakable. For doing so we have been making all parts watertight so that the add-on that breaks the geometry apart (the one that comes with blender) can do its magic stuff.
This is a martial arts movie, so we really want to see stuff breaking as much as possible! :slight_smile:

They must be all amphibian (frogs, newts, and tritons) and all the bullies will be the poisonous kind, heavily colored, and with more porous skin. Luso and the bar staff are all the common (for my home place), non-poiseness ones.

Thanks! We do the best we can with what we have, fuelled only by passion and hope :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Hello friends!
Here’s a bit more progress on Luso. Following the above silhouette painting, I’ve detailed Luso a bit more.
Let’s go from top to bottom:

• The firefly is just furious… story will explain why;
  • Hat is pretty much a passion fruit dried flower;
  • Face/head follows the frog anatomy in a hyper-realistic style.
  • Jacket features fuzzy things… kind of inspired by Street Fighter Ken and Ryu
  • T-shiirt is kind of loose, over the trunks, unlike the other RS characters that are all very tidy.
  • Sneakers are kind of All-Stars with rounder tips to accommodate a frog toe and a tong that we don’t see since the '80s.

Feel free to suggest color schemes for the cloths :slight_smile:
For now I’ll probably just keep the colors close of the previous concept, but… it’s not locked in yet! :wink:
Have a great weekeend!
Best regards
Rogério

1 Like

Introducing Luso Rana, our main action star for Clash on Little Pond!

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished painting the stones that will decorate the lake scenery.
Tomorrow I will start modeling and preparing the final terrain and finally place the stones in the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Rock and Roll! @Rute_Perdiz :smiley: They look Rocking good! Time to throw some stones to the pond! :roll_eyes: Probably enough of rock joke attempts!

Anyway!
Making a cartoon frog head is something a bit harder than I was expecting… I still didn’t nail the perfect topology… but it kind of already looks like a frog head:

… Will get better eventually! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I finished the ground of the small pond :smiley:
I would like you to leave me comments and your opinion.
I put texture variation on the ground as well as ornamented with the stones.
Tomorrow I will do more pond vegetation to detail the scenery.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Great Job with the terrain modeling and painting @Rute_Perdiz!
Thank you very much for your hard work! :heart_eyes:

Regarding Luso head is looking better:

Both topology and head shape are a bit better now! I still need to give another roundup, but feel it’s heading in the right direction now!
Until tomorrow!

1 Like

Hello friends!
Here’s the last update featuring the scenery’s most recent progress!
:thinking: Has you may have noticed, towards the end there is a “flash” thing… and volumetrics look all dark soon after… I think this is something from blender way of calculating volumetric stuff.

4 Likes

Today I’ve mostly made mostly unseen animations all over the place :slight_smile:
They should be visible on the next video doe :sweat_smile:

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another object that I’m modeling to decorate the scene.
They will be pond plants, which are not yet finished.
Tomorrow I will finish so I can start painting the textures and put them on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Great job @Rute_Perdiz! :slight_smile: Also great research job too!

From my end I’ve been modeling the male frog base.

This will be used for the bad guys and bar crew characters and for Luso himself.
I’ll make Luso and Rute will take care of all the others… Hummm :thinking: does this means that Rute can make 7 characters while I can make only one :scream: Yes, it’s true! :neutral_face:

Anyway :sweat_smile: Until tomorrow!
Rogério

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished another plant to decorate the scenery.
It is a typical little plant that exists near ponds.
The model is already prepared to be able to paint the textures, which will be Monday.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Another great Pond plant completed @Rute_Perdiz! Awesome job!

On my end I’ve been making mouth interiors:

Am I the only one that absolutely hates making the mouths interiors!? :sweat_smile:

I’ve also made several improvements on the overhaul topology, especially the eyelashes, the mouth/nose, and the back shoulders.

Tomorrow I’ll try to make the Female base so that Rute can work on them to create all the characters except Luso.

Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Really cool to see your process. :star:

2 Likes