Classic Villa Exteriors

A quiet challenging project came to and end…
Rendered using cycles.

Comments and critics are welcomed.

49 Likes

Water. It’s making me feel uncomfortable. If just one person steps into that pool, it’s going to spill everywhere. It looks too reflective. Need to adjust the water material so it absorbs more light the deeper it gets, it’s too blue at the water’s edge.

Nice detail adding imperfections to the tiles.

Good detail on all the furniture.

The square barrel chairs/tables next to the pool look really heavy.

Lots of excellent details such as the wall lamps and curtains.

6 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
You are right about the water. I probably need to put more work into the shader work there.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thank you! :pray:

You’re #featured! :+1:

Hi, I like your work! Well done.
Just two critique points. You have perfect edges here and there. Some I’ve noticed are the ones on the roof of the house and on the garden wall. Just bevel them a little and it should be much better. :slight_smile:

The second thing is that the sunshade looks very CGI. You can see some dark spots on it, that is not natural. I would try to apply SSS on the fabric material and see if that improves the look of it.

Oh one more thing! If you look at the roof you can see that the texture looks like there are tiles with height and depth. But if you look at the edges of the roof, you notice that this height and depth must be a fake since the silhouette is perfectly linear.

If you are interested in updating your work, I would love to take a look at your improved images! :slight_smile:
Oh and of course I don’t want to discourage you, you did a lot of good things as well!

Love the renders. Did you use just HDRI for lighting the scene or with lamps too?

Cool! Thank you Bart!

Thanks Vergil for your comments! I really appreciate it.
Right now I’ve moved on to some other projects, but maybe I’ll find the time to return and take it to the next level.

1 Like

Thanks!
I didn’t use HDRI in those renders, just sun and sky.

1 Like