Classical Interior

featured

(Scoped) #1

My last personal project. All work done in Blender and rendered with Cycles. 4000 samples per image. For lighting, I used an HDRI image.

Feel free to leave your comments below and enjoy!

Edit. Link to this project on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Pm4reo

Edit 2. Adding the progression gif.

(birdnamnam) #2

Outstanding work! Texturing and materials are amazing. Congrats!

(Flavio Della Tommasa) #3

Great result!!!
I love the details, shader, light and shoot!

Blender 2.80?
how time at 4000 samples for each images?

(Scoped) #4

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

(Scoped) #5

Thanks mate! Yes, it is 2.8 as it manages memory much better compared to 2.79 and allowed me to render it all on GPU. Each shot took about 4 hours on GTX 1070.

(Dani Marti) #6

Wow! Very impressive, it looks super realistic! Did you use Marvelous Designer for the couch and fabric or is all made in Blender?

(kubra vachon) #7

It’s perfection itself! :open_mouth: I loved everything on the scene! As a person bored of seeing sharp edged modern design this traditional design pleased my eyes :smile: lol I remember that tried to make realistic monstera like that for hours and failed at the end haha! And you should be featured :heart_eyes:

(Tomáš Luža) #8

Greatly done!
I am impressed that you were able to pull this out only using 1070 with 8 GB ram. Was it really just pure GPU or did you use GPU+CPU?

(GarageFarm.NET) #9

this is not just good.
It’s outstanding !

Kudos to you and the blender devs who made such a great tool for us.
No more " blender is not for serius stuff" nonsense…

Jarek D(DJ)

(Rob) #10

It’s always the artist, never the application…

You can create crap or good stuff with every 3d app out there.
But stuff like this just takes time, in every app.

But… Really really nice work!

rob

(Scoped) #11

Thanks, I’m glad you like it! I was kinda surprised too because it was crashing in 2.79. I didn’t use GPU+CPU, but I’ve read that Cycles in 2.8 is additionally using “normal” RAM if it runs out of video memory at the cost of render times so I’m guessing this is what happened here.

(Scoped) #12

Thank you! These are in fact 3rd party models that I had to make custom shaders for.

@maccolade @garagefarm @RobWu

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a great deal to me!

(Bart Veldhuizen) #13

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(Scoped) #14

Thanks a lot, Bart!

(Karlb) #15

Nailed it! Really great all around.

(Scoped) #16

Thank you!

(alf0) #17

nice work !!!

(Dodododorian96) #18

amazing !
could you please share your rug ? the particle system look really good :slight_smile:

(Scoped) #19

Thank you. I’m glad you like it.

The secret here is using an empty object as a texture force field with “hard clouds” (just tweak it in the texture panel). It will make the carpet look like it met some feet, randomizing the direction of groups of strands. Also, it’s great to use a grunge texture to affect the colour of your carpet’s hair.

(protovu) #20

Absolutely beautiful.