Classy Cutlery

I still can’t figure how you modeled this relief. Is it a retopo thing, using blender sculpt first? But, again. it’s so perfect, geometrically speaking.

I’m not that great at sculpting. I keep trying to learn it but at a certain point I fail everytime :slight_smile: For my Cutlery I first thought about sculpting but I decided to do it by hand. I come from a Low-Poly Realtime-Environment Background, so I did a few jobs here and there for local companies and had the chance to strenghten my skills in this field. For the Cutlery I startet with a Photograph as Backdrop. I modeled the overall shape of the handle piece and then traced the relief in topview by snapping to the shape of the basic handle piece I modeled first. I used the draw pencil tool a lot to think about the edgeflow needed to close the gaps. After that I dumped the basic handle piece and continued with the one containing the relief. I selected everything but the sides and the relief itself and extruded it inverts to obtain the shape. Hardening a few Edges later I had what I wanted :slight_smile:

Hey! Thanks for sharing! I’ll try and return with a render! :smiley:

Regards!

Not bad, great job with the meshes, those must’ve been the trickiest part. I just feel like the scene is missing something, it feels too empty.

Hey! Thanks for sharing! I’ll try and return with a render! =D Regards!

I thought the same way but I decided to concentrate on the cutlery itself without spending time creating a kitchenscene for its surroundings. I thought this could distract people from the cutlery itself.

Hey Robert Thanks for sharing! This is what I was looking for… =D

Regars!

Marco Iñiguez