clattered tabs in my T-Panel

Hi,

I used to have a problem with the clattered tabs in my T-Panel, but not anymore since I discovered how to edit the code of a tab in the T-Panel (rightclick in any button of the tab contents and select “Edit Source”) and finding the “bl_category” value in it and change it to create a new category or to move the item to an existing one. This works beautifully, but I have a problem; some addons have several components and I would like to group those in a “sub-category” or folder (I am not sure of the right term).

For example, I have organized all the addons into a number of tabs (see screenshot); including a Misc tab , where I include all the new addons that don’t fall into any category; in Misc I have the “Mesh Align Plus” add on which is made up of six entries; I would like to group those six entries into a single “Mesh Align Plus” category of its own within “Misc”, so that it would group all the relevant entries, creating a kind of folder.

Can Anybody help? Is that possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

Sept

hi, check out the boolean object tools addon in nightly builds it has code to, via addons preferences, choose which tab you would like to display the addons panels in. in 2.78 i’ll be adding this method to all i can in release & contrib addons.

Hi Meta-Androcto,

Thanks for your fast answer. I’ve downloaded the latest nightly built but I could not find the code to select the category or the interface in the Addons section (see screenshot).

Do you happen to know which string to look for in the source code? or, even better, what’s the actual code to insert?

Thanks in advance.

Sept