Clay 3D Modeler

So you can use un UVmap as whatever you want it to be! there’s noo problem.

You just have to create three copies of your map and work them out to make the BUMP map, the SPEC map, the ALPHA, the COL.
Then you UV map anyone of those.
Finally you add a material and then a pic-texure for each texture you created. You set the mapping mode to UV and set up the channels.

My god, what a mess!!!
If you didn’t understand, JeanInMontreal aka IamInnocent wrote a tutorial about this some months ago (he’s been very busy since), have a search on elysiun! i’m sure he posted the link here, in case not, i’ll post it when i find it.

Have a nice blend
Dani

That was asked a couple of weeks ago, i replied with this mini tute:
http://elysiun.com/viewtopic.php?t=4348&highlight=uv+bump&sid=8f9a3083e1b48f0e8fe0732575fc8516

WOW! That´s really good! But personally I think that most of those models could be done in Blender. I mean, almost every artist in that gallery is blenderheads (or former blenderheads) and their blender-works is VERY good. So the skill of the modeler does probably have a lot to do with the result. But we´ll see how much the program affects the outcome when (if?) Clay comes public…

the rub is that most likely you can model them faster in clay due to more highlevel tools… i heard something about being acle to draw edgeloops onto existing planes or summat like that?

i think clay is a good modeler, but i dont think the author is in a hurry to get it done. i sent him an email about being a betatester, but he didnt even reply.

It’s like digging a two meter deep hole in the ground with your hands instead of using the spade. It’s not impossible but who would do it?

Such a feature is already implemented in Wings (which is a lot better in terms of availability =). Just download the ‘draw loop’ plugin from the official wings3d-site.

…which is?

www.wings3d.com <—I could consider this as a very easy guess :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you

what really tees me off is that i get topic notifications by email even if it was me who posted…that sux. you should change that kib - i mean, you dont want to know when YOU have posted sth, you know that without receiving an email.

greetings,
Tom

PS: i’m sorry this is REALLY off topic, but i just had to let that out of me.

all true, yes, but depending on how you like to model… to quote ambient-whisper, who uses wings and mirai and was also featured on the front page of insidecg, clay is one of the fastest madelers he’s used (ok, so i paraphrased it)

wow, even ambient-whisper used clay…not bad, not bad at all! as far as i know, he’s a 3dsmax guru at cgtalk, and if he’s used clay and praised it, it must be damn good piece of software!!! :smiley:

:o If modeling in Clay is that much easier than modelling in Blender, even I should be able to remake the two latest Star Wars-movies in it!
Personally I find Blender rather easy to model in. But I guess I haven´t much to refer to since it´s the second modeler ever I have used… (first one was Hamapatch, which sucked totally if anyone wonders).

BTW, I wonder why the author of Clay doesn´t release it to the public? I mean, it´s not like his responsible for any damage caused by the program unless he wants to be.

BTW, I wonder why the author of Clay doesn´t release it to the public? I mean, it´s not like his responsible for any damage caused by the program unless he wants to be.

I think it’s likely that he will sell it, if it’s that good.

[quote=“Detritus”]

:o If modeling in Clay is that much easier than modelling in Blender, even I should be able to remake the two latest Star Wars-movies in it![/quote]
Yeah, the renderer and the animation part is just great…

Personally I find Blender rather easy to model in. But I guess I haven´t much to refer to since it´s the second modeler ever I have used… (first one was Hamapatch, which sucked totally if anyone wonders).

Have you tried wings?

NOOO! I don’t want to use anything but Blender for my entire 3D career! Well, maybe Clay, and a little bit of 2D programs for texturing, but still…

Wait… how much is wings? Does it only model wings? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: (blech–bad joke, better post before someone flames me)

Wings 3D is an open source program

www.wings3d.com

and is nowhere related to www.chickenwings.com (I invented that URL, and am not responsible for the possibility that it exists :stuck_out_tongue: )

Martin

NOOO! I don’t want to use anything but Blender for my entire 3D career! Well, maybe Clay, and a little bit of 2D programs for texturing, but still…[/quote]
Why Clay then?

And chickenwings is related to http://chicks.100.lt/