clay-like models ?

i was wondering how some of these people make models that look like sculpted clay…or plasticy…

like even with simple geometric shapes(cube, sphere, etc…) it still has a rough sculpted feel…

and i’ve noticed that all these are monotone…but the materials in blender don’t seem to give the right texture…

help anyone ?

i am guessing you mean the ao renders. turn on AO in the world buttons -> turn on RAY tracing in the render window, VIOLA!

You can also try using a procedural bump mapping texture to give the surface a slightly rough feel to it.

Hardness and Specularity should both almost be zero. You could also try adding a bit of translucency.

hey, thanks ! yeah, the example i was looking at was at the blender battle forum…here’s the link to the thread http://battles.mudpuddle.co.nz/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103

but ill def try your ideas out, but tell me some other ways(if there are any) to get a picture alot like those…

just putitn this at the top again…thought someone might check out the link above and see if they can give help…?

sorry for double posting.

That’s definately the AO you talk about. Look above for how to apply.