Cleaning out menu

here is a problem that can be truly annoying. Example In my action editor i keep adding new actions for practice with pretty much the same names. now i don’t need lots of those actions so I delete the action but it still stays in the menu this is true of other menus like uvmap editor You can get rid of textures but not the names in the menu Is there a way to do this?

digiman

In Blender 2.5 you can permanently remove resources with Shift-X (the cross button) - that will unlink the resource. Blender won’t save it then, so save the blend file and reload. The deleted resources will then be no longer available. By default, I think actions have fake users to prevent them from being deleted - they will show up with an F in the action selector-menu. Press the F-button to remove their fake user.

I am using 2.49 here is what i try I press F then delete data block in the menu i get the name still but it has an 0 in front of the name. Can i clean out 2.49?

digiman

Unfortunately, in 2.49, the only method of removing resources are to remove them from each associated user - so, for example, select each armature and delete the action from the animation window. If all armatures aren’t using the action and there’s no fake user, then when you save the file, then the resources would be gone.

No the names are still there. Not a big deal though just a pain.

digiman