Cleaning The Dirt Out Of Your Laptop?

I’ve encountered a lot of overheating issues with my laptop, it is a Dell Studio 1558, a little over 2 years old I believe.

I use a cooling pad, and yet I find gaming constantly overheats it. The Dell support site was no help, as the manual it provided wasn’t very accurate. If you cannot easily get at the fan, is it still possible to clean the dust from your fans?

If you can open up the machine - take it outside and give it a good blasting with a can of compressed air. Have fun.

I can’t get the cover off the fan, would blowing compressed air on the bottom of my laptop doing anything?

It could, but it could also blow the dirt somewhere bad like onto some moving parts.
Try doing a youtube search on your laptop model, there’s bound to be a video of someone disassembling the shell step by step.

That’s what I figured. I tried doing a search, but all I came up with is a really bad quality video, that wasn’t helpful at all.

As far as I know, using compressed air is OK, just as long as you don’t spin out the fans since that will wreck them. :slight_smile:

You should be able to get it apart. hidden clips? Then blow it.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1558/en/SM/index.htm