Clearing transformations

Hi!

I’m having an issue with Blender regarding how you change the transformations on an object. I’m gonna give an example that I hope might help clear things up about what I mean.

A cube is created at (0, 0, 0) and is then moved to (1, 2, 3).

When the cube is at the second position I want to “reset” the transformation without moving the origin so that the transformations at the second position are (0, 0, 0).

If I then move the object back to the original position the values should be (-1, -2, -3).

Can anyone help, because I’ve tried multiple solutions such as “apply transform” and “clear transform” but that either puts the cube origin back at (0, 0, 0) but leaves the cube in the same place as it was before.

Thank you!

I think there is no way to do this. Blender needs to know on which position the object is located in the 3D Space. Therefore Blender uses a coordinate system and in this coordinate system there could only be one (0,0,0)-Point. If it would be possible to reset the transformation, what would be, if you create a second cube after that? Then there are two cubes on the position (0,0,0) but not on the same position in the coordinate system. (Confusing, isn’t it? Blender can’t handle this)

Perhaps it would be better, to describe why you want to do this.

Best regards,
Martin

In Object mode, Ctrl-A -> Apply Location

Edit: What exactly do you mean that you “don’t want to move the origin”?

If you hit Crtl-A -> Location, the object origin is set to (0,0,0) and the mesh stays on the old position. So it looks like the object is not moved but the new position of the object is (0,0,0).
He wants to set the position to (0,0,0) without moving the object orignin to the center of the coordinate system. That is impossible. Perhaps parenting could be a solution but we have to know, why he wants to do this.

Martin