Climbing........

Okay, I have my knight model with a climbing animation. The animation consists of

swinging arms, legs, spine, and cape (it looks sort of like in Assassin’s Creed). It also has

a loc movement along the z axis. When I plug it into an action actuator (loop end) with a

keyboard controller, the knight will go up into the air like he is climbing, and then when the

animation loops, he will go back to the starting position. Does anyone know how to fix

this??? It is almost like a zLoc ipo… I can post a .blend file if nobody

understands my dilemma.

The last frame of your action needs to match the first frame of the action.

It still pops back down to the starting position though.

I think I see the problem here. Your character’s bones are moving upwards, but the actual object is not moving. So when the action is done, it loops and sends the bones to the starting (low) position. The problem can only be fixed if the actual object moves up, not just its action.

Maybe just try Play? Although loop end should work, so it must be what he said, smile.

Are you using the armature constraint? it doesnt work in the GE, you have to parent to the armature.

Ya, if you just had the cycles of him and made like a LinV movement on the Z axis, since LinV defies gravity… (how can you make it not?)

Thanks guys. I think I am going to have to stick with linV, then.

Oh, I’m sorry. I misunderstood the problem. Have you checked to make sure there aren’t any other IPOs or something playing at the same time that might have a universal coordinate stored in a keyframe?