"Clocked In"

Haha, I loved it, and could really emphasize with the protagonist (I’m actually half asleep right now, should be in bed hours ago), I think you nailed the pace pretty spot on. Congrats on getting it done :slight_smile:

JOE VS. THE VOLCANO

i totally forgot about that movie! the beginning was sweet, and so different form the rest haha. the orange soda stuff was great.

anyways thanks for the comments and crit

hey thank you. You know i think the pacing is a real show stopper for some people and really nice for some other people… For me it’s meant to be less concise, and more of a drag you know? i wanted the characters to not look cartoony to help get people ready to experience the drudge. As far as character motion, on one hand I wanted a variety, you’ll see some parts slow and some parts natural, (usually none sped up). I don’t think it reads/works for everyone, but I personally like it that way. the only movement parts I personally don’t like area some of the jittery spots i didn’t have time to fix.

!!!also if anybody hasn’t seen it yet don’t read this next part it will RUIN it for you. this is some fun trivia/jokes

i thought it would be funny to leave some essential stuff out. There are no elevator buttons. there are no computer mice! the girl has no shoes! (although when i worked in a similar environment people often secretly took off their shoes.

also in the credits, because i’m an idiot, I put some fake names in the special credits: Truman Capootietang and Gordon Showers.

hmmm what elseee oh the time clock has a sign on it at the beginning and doesn’t later

there’s more stuff, once i put up a website i’ll list a bunch of stuff that will ruin the short for everyone

for just extra info
-the set is based off an actual office i used to work at. i worked the part time division which was LESS dehumanizing. The actual story is based more off of stories from my mom and other friends who worked at the full-time building for a long time.

Just captured my everyday experience…I just don’t get the awesome bit at the end…

Great work with kind of old film features! It combines the cartoon image with film lighting effect very well!

@Wefyb - by don’t get, do you mean you don’t understand what happens in the story, or you don’t get why i’d make what happens happen? i’d be happy to reply with my thoughts on either one if you’re wanting to know.

@schwaberry - thanks dude! have you ever seen the old kids in the hall sketch “My Pen”. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy0UpRIncYM ) It’s one of my favorite things ever made ever. You reminded me of it because you said “old film features”. It’s one of my largest inspirations, not with this project in particular, but in general.

UPDATE - http://clockedin.ahloe.com
i made a website for festivals to poke around in. i have a festival tracker, high quality downloads, stills, info about the people/bands, some technical info as well

there’s an extras section that will have a lot of stuff. i’ll be adding that stuff throughout this week.

and i’ll have news about the project and related people/bands

wow. the concept is amazing. and sound is good. its amazing

Clocked In was just accepted as an official selection of the Young Cuts International Film Festival. ( http://www.youngcuts.com/?q=2011_YCFF ) check out the official announcement at their blog as well as a short write up.

@raul, when i was first poking around with blender to use for this project and was researching rigging stuff, i remember watching a lot of your videos and works with my jaw to the floor. anyways a compliment from you is dearly cherished. thanks.