Clone Commando

First project i hope to bring to completion for the BG competition.
Finished the helmet only so far.

Attachments

I could be wrong, but it seems like the top of the helmet should be a little taller.

The low poly model from the game im using for reference says otherwise, though it does look a little funny…

Finished the torso. Now the legs and arms.

Attachments

Finished modeling and starting on textures. Closeup of the head. This is not the newest render i have of it.

Attachments

yay more starwars :slight_smile: Looks pretty good! Reduce the normals a bit tho, even if the armor was scratched etc, it woulds till be semi smooth

I think its doing pretty good, but the deadline is coming fast.
I still have to do another 2-3 unique color schemes, make a scene and render it by monday.
Many critiques would be welcome.

Attachments

looking good :smiley: I still think that the Armour would be smoother and more glossy, even if the trooper has been in combat…looks kinda concrete like as is :smiley:

Made a few changes.

Attachments

hmm what do you think about bending digits 4 and 5 on the left hand in towards the palm? it seems like an awkward hand post… and from that angle they seem to float a bit… just my 0.1cents

Yeay, they looked funny. It looks more natural now

Deadline’s coming fast!
Its getting there. I have declared the models and textures done, not that i wont make minor changes, and now i will focus on lighting, rendering and composition.

Attachments

One of my favorite games. It’s nice, but there are a few things wrong. First off, the armor should be shinier. It’s battle-scarred, but there should still be some shine in there, i recommend a map. Also, I think that more of the edges should be sharper. The clone armor has some pretty sharp edges. Also, the mats on the undersuit could use just a little work. Also, get sev in there.

Finished product. Unfortunately i didnt have enough time for sev, but it worked out pretty good i think.

One of my favorite games. It’s nice, but there are a few things wrong. First off, the armor should be shinier. It’s battle-scarred, but there should still be some shine in there, i recommend a map. Also, I think that more of the edges should be sharper. The clone armor has some pretty sharp edges. Also, the mats on the undersuit could use just a little work. Also, get sev in there.

I didnt have time for any specular maps. The edges used to be sharper, but the bevel modifier was messing up the UVs after i finished modeling. I agree that the undersuits could have used more work, but i really didnt have time. I may continue this project to completion still though.

Attachments

i like it… there are issues as mentioned if you are going for technical accuracy… i don’t mind the dirty look with some form and shapes that may not be classic looks very much “my homage to star wars battlefront” and or “star wars clone troopers in general”

Still going on this. Latest render. Sev is in with his buddy’s now.

Criticism welcome.

Edit: Looking at it now, it looks a little to contrasted. I will fix that sometime.