Close Call

Hi,

Yes, still playing with spaceship designs but this time I got my hands on “The Big Spaceship Builder” by triplebrick over on CGTrader. The component set is currently on sale but not for much longer. What I like about it is, it’s built for Blender. It’s a lot of fun using these to piece together different ship concepts. Here’s two ships that I made recently. C&C welcomed. Both look brand new but I intend to add a little dirt and grunge once I figure how to do that. Rendered with Cycles, v2.93 at 1024 samples.

Cheers and stay safe.

Here’s a partial wireframe view.

It’s a cool little fight scene. I have two thoughts, since you want CC: 1) The second image is a little hard to read compositionally, 2) I’m not sure if the X-wing is to scale with the larger ship - looks like it might be a little large (or the big ship a little small).

Good lighting though, I know that can be a challenge with space scenes and this looks like a success. I specifically like the thruster burn effect too.

I think this looks good, but the yellow lasers are a bit…odd? They distract the viewer from the other great aspects of the scene, which are really good, but focus on the colours.

This youtube video boasts a pretty good colour palette, and, even though I know that the sci-fi style you are sticking doesn’t compliment this colour style, the yellow lasers compared to the blue blasters are all a bit chaotic.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks to both of you @Nanoglyph (Lee) and @new_to_blender (Pranav). Very helpful and I will consider all your suggestions and will give it a try as soon as I have the chance. The red wing-x ship is much closer to the cam which is why it looks out of proportion. Might need to play with focal length and DoF or reposition things.

Cheers and stay safe!

thanks, helpful.

Hi All,

Version 2 update as per some of the suggestions. Hope this improves things a bit. The missile smoke is just a line/tube for now. Cheers and stay safe!

1 Like