Cloth goes through body even with collision

So I’m modeling my first character, and I tried working with the cloth sim… I also set a collision object, but it’s just going straight through it. I don’t know what to do.
I tried finding a solution by looking at other threads, but I just couldn’t figure it out.
Can someone help me? Thanks!
(I tried adding the blender file but it says the max is 5 MB, maybe someone can also explain me how to maybe lessen the amount of mb’s and add it to this thread??)

I also tried baking it, but it doesnt work

Maybe if you improve the quality of the collision, the problem will be solved

You can share your file with one of the file share sites…like Google, Mediafire, etc.
Make sure to click on share with anyone that has the link…

Till being able to see the file…
? Did you set a pin group? I ask because you say the cloth is going straight through your object…

I already tried pinning it to a group, but it still just goes through. Here is the file:

Ok…there were some problems with the solidify modifiers, added 1 subdivision to the mesh and dropped down the subdivision modifier to 1, looks better, and get back the time to render or bake…I took the panty and moved up the solidify modifier before the sub-division surface…made it a lot smoother and stopped the interference with the skirt…tweaked a whole bunch of settings in the cloth sim as well as pin groups and collisions… some of the problems was the dress clipping behind the panty from the sub-d modifier so it tended to drag the dress inside…

I only baked 50frames so you need to redo your 217…

That bulge in the dress is from the panty…maybe bring the dress down or extend the panty up to top seam of the dress…

1 Like