Cloth is attracted by collision object

I have a prob with my cloth sim, I have two collision object, (the cape and the torus) my jacket is the cloth sim, somehow the cloth stick to the collision object, and seem attracted by it. Any idea why ?

You should assign the collision object as the Jacket…and the cape and the belt as the cloth sim ( though I see no need to include the belt as a cloth sim)…that way as the cape reacts to the simulation, it doesn’t clip into the jacket and will flap with ( Wind?) sim. Make sure to pin perhaps a line of vertices along the shoulder so that it doesn’t just fall to the ground.

1 Like

You didn’t understand, the cape is only collison not cloth sim, why ? Because first I’m gonna cloth sim the jacket, then bake the sim into keyframe, and then I’m gonna set the jacket as collision and cloth sim the cape, that way the cape collide with the jacket. I’m using this trick because it seems blender is not able to make two cloth collide beetween each other if they are different mesh (say me if I’m wrong)

OK I got ya! Thought you were only doing the Cape and Belt!
Didn’t know you were going to stack them!

Like to see what the end product looks like!

1 Like

It won’t look that much great you know xd. But something makes me curious, why blender can’t handle two cloth colliding like wtf that’s some basic shit right ?

Well it can in a way…take for an example…you can set cloth physics for the jacket with self collision, then add a collision mesh ( instead of the jacket ) around the jacket that the cape cloth sim can collide with…it just needs to be enough to surround the jacket. It’s a hack but it can work…Cloth sims with collisions have there problems like this in all the softwares, but they are getting better every day.

yes but this colliding mesh is not moving with the cloth mesh, I tried a surface deform modifier, and the surface deforms but the other cloth mesh doesn’t collide with this mesh

Did you parent it to the cloth mesh?

Yep, I did.