Cloth not affected by wind

I feel like such a noob posting in this forum :cool:

So I’ve got a character and a jacket. All rigged properly and working fine, the only problem is that I need the jacket to be affected by wind. I remember in the early 2.5 and 2.49 version this worked fine with a simple wind force and a cloth sim, however now for some reason the wind does nothing to the cloth… i’ve tried increasing the wind strength to 10 but still nothing…

Just tried it in 2.57, works perfectly. The only thing I can think of right now is the usual overtidyness in structured projects, where you move meshes, simulated objects and forces on different layers.

Blender still does not support to seperate the force and the affected object on different layers. For complex projects I´d wish you could seperate them on layers but group them so blender knows what things belong together. Or maybe it is already possible and I just don´t know how to do it :smiley: I am all ears…

! This is happening to me as well - I can’t seem to figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up! Google is most unhelpful… :confused:

Can you provide a .blend file?