Cloth over logo

Hi Everyone,

I could use a little help with an effect I’m trying to do.

I’d like to put a satin like sheet draped over a logo that would be revolving like something you’d see at an auto show before the sheet is pulled off to reveal the car.

Well I don’t want something that complicated just the sheet over a solid object.

I’ve managed to take a subdivided plane and make a collision with a sold object for it to appear to be draped but I’m really not interested in using the falling of the cloth… only the result. Is there a way I can bake this to the model or just freeze the mesh like this?

I just want to revolve it on a turntable and animate the camera.

here’s a quick render of what I’m talking about.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

I haven’t tried this myself, don’t know if it works, But you can try and apply the modifier in the edit buttons (F9) to get it to stay that way. Not sure if it will revert to being a plane or if it will look perfectly but it is worth a shot. I will play around with things and tell you if I find anything.

EDIT: Just tried it and it worked fine. The cloth was staying in it’s position no matter what frame it was at. Good luck!

I got the same results thanks for the idea!.. I’m a bit embarrassed at how simple a solution it is though.

Do you think that it’s possible to do this cloth animation in reverse? I mean if I did decide to remove the cloth?

The only way I know how to do that is to have it fall the way you want to and then render it out. Then take it into the sequence editor and reverse the frames for it and it should look decent. You might also be able to add a wind effector under the cloth and have it turn on at a certain frame. Hope it works!

I’ll experiment and see what I can come up with.

thanks!