Cloth physics simulation (solved)

Hi,

I want to simulate a round cloth disk being spun from the center in weightlessness without drag (as in outer space).

I know enough that I will need a flat round mesh (I’d like to try a radial mesh as well as a square grid) pinned to a cylinder at the center. Changing the rotational speed and the position of the cylinder should modulate cloth mesh.

This seems like a fairly simple exercise that would save me the time of learning about editing meshes etc.

Here’s a link to a thread that shows a similar setup with some instructions…
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/164233/rotating-skirt-effect-possible-with-cloth-simulation

I’ve learned enough of Blender to be dangerous, but some experienced help will speed along this project. Any takers?

Thanks,
Ed

Update- sussed it out. Thanks. ET

hello can you link an image of the model you want to make the simulation with,also what budget do you have? Regards Michael.

you need this as animation or an still mesh? so how much do you offer, what is your budget? i think there is a more easier way to create the spiral effect in the mesh…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.