cloth script

is there a cloth script that i can use 4 a cloke on my guy. and will it work in animations?
thanks

I don’t think there is one that does animation, but I bet you could do an ok job with a lattice and RVKs.

rvks?
well is there one 4 stills?

Don’t ask me how it work cause i dunno.

I just realized another way you could do it,…use the new displacement mapping with a grayscale avi loaded as a texture,…you could probably use just about any avi,…you could put it in virtual dub, and put a strong gaussian blur on it, and add the grayscale filter,…maybe a vid of running water, or wafting curtains would work well. Just a thought. I might try it myself actually, once I get my balrog finished.

The Topix cloth plugin isn’t likely to be useful for this, at least without some C and python changes.

That topix cloth thing baffles me. I’ve read the documentation on it, and I just can’t seem to figure everything out.

Is there anyone out there who has been able to do anything interesting with the Topix Cloth plugin?

Or has anyone dared to write a tutorial on how to use it?

There’s really not much more to it than what it comes with, at least without a lot of work. If you got the demonstration going, you’ve seen what it does. Maybe not all that it can do, I’m trying to find that part out.

You should be able to get the demo to run if you follow the instructions to the letter. Did you get that to work ?

Yeah, the demo worked fine. I just have no idea how to do anything with it except… well… watch the demo.

I’m not quite sure how the cloth script works, but I think you or someone else could write a script that follows the paths of the faces of a subdivided plane, and when it hits another surface, the faces of the plane will be ligned up with the faces of the object.
The faces that don’t get hit continue to drop as far as the face dimensions permit before heading down in the y direction.

I don’t know if this makes sense to you, but it’s the best I could think up right now.

P.S. I’m not very good at python or C…

Well, it doesn’t do much more than what you saw in the demo, unless you dig into the python code. Even then, so little of topix is exposed, you need to hack the C code to do more.

It does only support spheres, although that of itself isn’t killer as you can still do a lot of stuff with spheres.

Don’t spend much time on it unless you really want to, I’m close to finishing some work on topix that I’ll release if I can find some web space somewhere.

Now THAT is great. Please share what you come up with!