CLT House

Thanks. It is just a HDRI from hdrihaven. Interior light is done according to the 5srw Method by Ciro Sannino. I followed this course in the time I used 3dsMax.

It comes down to the following:

• all materials (accept glass, I used fake glass from Andrew) are neutral grey (50%) --> layer proportions > Override
  • Place the lights in the order of primary, secundary and fill lights (my primary is hdri with portals at windows, secondary the spots in the ceiling and above table, fill lights weren’t necessary)
  • play with the values of these lights seperate untill it looks realistic, then all lights together
  • Apply the materials you wan’t, and it’ll look really realistic.

Hope this will help you

1 Like

you can use both :grin::grin::grin: Both are great and you are able to scatter Graswald props as well

Yeah, I did, but it was really my pc, old 'n weak.

That would be a little expensive for me though.

1 Like

render time problem?

Blender simply crashed when I asked to much of it… I had to render in sperate parts and place together in PS… It was just to much vertices in the scene for the specs of the pc… so I had to think creativly :grin:

sorry didn’t understood, when asked what ?

I had to render in sperate parts and place together in PS… It was just to much vertices in the scene for the specs of the pc…

blender use instances, apart from render times, you should be able to render at least 10 millions of particles without a single problem. there’s a number of instance limit but I’m not sure how much it is. yet? it seemed to be 2.4 billions last time i checked but might be less

Ha, that’s great!I thought of that because the grass looks “weird” in comparission do other rendered grass but it looks so good that I didn’t really believed in photoshop work.

Now I would be even more interested in how you made the grass and correct lighting of in in Photoshop. :smiley:

Can you explain this a bit more? Is this the way to render a picture with all materials as gray? I always asked me how to do that.