cmiVFX site is down?

I bought the Sebastian Koenig - Blender Shading and Fur - Mammoth video last year and then promptly stopped doing any 3D for a long time. now I’m starting to dust blender off (2.5 is awesome, btw) and I was wanting to watch the fur video again cause it was awesome, but now I just get one of those ad page placeholder sites in it’s place. Which is bizzare cause I got an email from them this morning.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Hey!
Yeah, I noticed that too. I am very sorry about that, but i also have no idea what happened there.
Yesterday everything was still alright.
Maybe they are finally doing the transition to the HTML5 site with the new player (h264 instead of flash player)!
Let’s hope it gets back online soon.

Aha, I just found their twitter feed, and about a minute ago there was an update:
“Our website is down, but ONLY BECAUSE GODADDY IS IN REPAIR. it will be back soon. you cant trust anyone these days. not even your daddy.”

Looks like I just had really bad timing!

Also, Sebastian, thanks for the reply! Also, from memory, really good video! I’ll have to check out the rest of your series. :smiley:

Glad I found this thread, was really confused what was going on.

I actually think that should get the people running the website thinking if they should not offer a download option for the videos eventually.

I just needed to check something in the Syntheyes tutorial video quickly and was unable to do that. I think since I paid for that video I should be possible to access the videos I purchased at all times. If the people running the site can’t give me a guarantee for that then they should really let me download this video.

Luckily I found what I was looking for in the Syntheyes manual now, but I was about to write a panic-email to Sebastian. :wink:

MD