Cobra Lesson

Fresh finished cover for book about polish MiG-29s. Here it is training MiG-29UB during practicing famous aerobatic figure.

Rendered in Kerkythea.

http://airart3d.com/images/stories/forums/MiG-29/Cobra-lesson.jpg

Gorgeous! Better than real life.

nice model

That is excellent! The only thing is it doesn’t really seem like it is moving (at least to me), it has exhaust trails, but it looks stationary.

Awesome.
Whats the Cobra lesson though ?

Thanks mates:)

@cire792: Cobra is the name of aerobatic maoneuvre. Nose is going up, tail is going down and plane almost stay vertical on its tail (very small horizontal speed). Then nose is fast going down to normal position. Looks like cobra attack.

Good model, texture, render… bravo Mrys!

Shouldn’t the air behind the MiG have that “hot air” effect with distortion or something? It’s an amazing model tho.

Great render. I usually don’t care for the typical jet fighter in sky shot, but this is a-typical. Artistic. Nice work.

really really cool image :slight_smile:

love it :slight_smile:

perfect :slight_smile:

Great work on this one, it looks beautiful. The only thing that I’d like to point out is the exahaust trail and how it seems to consist of glowing dots instead of being a steady stream.

When I saw this I went “wow”

The glowing “rings”/“dots” are actually realistic, IIRC – look at a photograph of a military jet’s exhaust, and you’ll see them. I don’t know the reason they appear like this, though. I may google around and report back. Great render, though!

Well, I did a bit of research (lazy me for not doing it before) and turns out that it’s more or less true.Scroll down to the F16. Even though I don’t really understand why it happens, it’s there.

Well, I did a bit of research (lazy me for not doing it before) and turns out that it’s more or less true.Scroll down to the F16. Even though I don’t really understand why it happens, it’s there.

Just AWESOME!!!

Awesome!!! Love this!! I first see this at CG-TALK~ feel very honer to see it is created by Blender~ 5 stars!!! cool render and details!!!

The Specularity looks too “flat” like the craft is covered in thick layer of wax. Also the texture seems to bee perhaps too lowrez? Jets seem slightly little too detailless… Other than that looks like a nice scene in the making.

looking awesome xD… But I agree with bl33d about the details tho.And ught, MIG 29 is a badass jet