Cocktail anyone?

Hej, my new digital camera arrived and I eventually managed to press the shutter release.
This is my first pic (worth showing) with my new Sony alpha 55

With a heavy load of gimp editing (fake cross processing and noise, etc).

haha, i just got a new camera and have been playing around as well… i’ve mainly been going for backlight and silhouette… now if you’ll excuse me, i am, all of a sudden, rather thirsty…

nice photo - reminds of those faded 80’s advertisements on the shop when you went to buy stuff.

I don’t understand this trend of taking photos with expensive cameras and then manipulating them to look like they were taken with a cheap toy camera. Why not just start with a cheap junk camera to begin with?

if you’ll excuse me, i am, all of a sudden, rather thirsty…

cheers :yes:

nice photo - reminds of those faded 80’s advertisements on the shop when you went to buy stuff

Why not just start with a cheap junk camera to begin with?

I don`t get your point :(. This photograph is intended to have this retro-look:RocknRoll:. Try doing this with a crappy camera…I often tried it but failed at the focal adjustments, ISO, Flash and the general image quality.
It is the same with cars: Why driving a Lambo when the speed limit is at 60 mph and you could also do this with your stuttering ford?

I don`t think it looks crappy either (the applied noise just underlines the grainy analogue film look. Just take a closer look at the sharpness of the shapes and then show me a camera with a budget of max. 100$ doing the same) ->just my 2 cents

And last but not least: Back then in the 70s-80s there was huge difference if you put your 10 $ film into a good SLR or a camera that cost no more than the 10 $. The enhancements that were done during the development of the photo could’ve been done to both images. But just stating from my experience, my SLR shots back then always looked a bit better than the ones shot with the one way cameras :wink: