Coffee Break

After some months of work it is finally done. It was a simple idea - a coffee break. I wanted to make as photorealistic as possible. I am quit happy with the result. But of course I see things that I could not manage totally. All the models are made by my self. I worked with Blender 2.81 and Blender 2.82 and it is rendered with Cycles. I looking forward to your comments.

Here are also some test renders I made for every object.

59 Likes

Amazing all around work! Extremely good modeling, texturing, materials, and renders.
Well done!

1 Like

Awesome stuff, I love the headphones render - so crisp! Is the cookie photoscanned or made by hand?

Oh and Blendsung… nice one. :smirk:

2 Likes

Really cool, did you use subsurface scattering for the mug?

1 Like

This is excellent work. I can imagine the constant tweaking to get it just right.
Speaking as a photographer, there are two things that give it away for me: bokeh and bloom.
Both don’t feel completely right to me, but that’s me really pixel-peeping and nitpicking.

1 Like

The cookie is not photoscanned. Its a mix of noise textures and a self made texture for the base color with a displacment node. Similar to workflow of the donut tutorial of Andrew Price.

1 Like

Thank you. No it is a mix of Principled BSDF and Translucent BSDF.

I find that the left glass temple(from glass perspective) is not correctly lit (but that’s my opinion)

1 Like

Amazing work! Congratulations…

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for featuring my work. I appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

good job, mate. looks amazing

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Yeah, no doubt, nicely done.

Being new to blender it draws a question for me, is there a shader (or something) which can be added to a transparent object (like the glasses) which will also magnify what ever is on the other side ?
[EDIT] Never mind, should have used google first :wink:

1 Like

These are all remarkable! Excellent work, especially on the texturing and lighting!

1 Like

Nice! Now I also want to take a coffee break out in the sun, but right now its windy, cold and no sun outside. :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great scene. I’d love to see more of the writing on the notepad too if you don’t mind.

1 Like

errrr… please could you tell us the ISBN of this ‘blender top secrets’ book ? :smiley:

Nice ‘simple’ scene !!!

hmmm shouldn’t the glasses lenses make caustics on the notebook paper ? :wink:

congratz and

happy blending !

1 Like

Amazing work! Love all the detail!

1 Like