Coffee Station

This is part of larger project. I am creating a pub interior in which I can create multiple scenes. I am particularly happy with the stainless steal material used here as it is the first time I have been able to make convincing stainless. The process seems dead simple now! I have modeled all objects. All of the texture files that are not procedural are from cc0textures.com. I hope you like it. Let me know your thoughts!

P.S. You can find progress shots of the whole environment and this scene on my Instagram feed. Search for ArtOfKarlB :slight_smile:

Dunno – I’m not sure I’ve seen a coffee bar with fluorescent lights, but it is kind of interesting … yes, I can see why a coffee-bar might use them as an accent.

Anyhow, there seems to be an odd-to-my-eyes color cast over the whole scene, which kinda-sorta makes the coffee look unappetizing. I think I’d add some off-screen light sources with cooler color-temperatures … let’s pretend that this coffee-stand is sitting near a window. That will kick some light into the murky-dark areas in the upper left corner of the frame, and, I think, make the entire scene look more inviting.

The modeling and staging, of course, is fantastic! My eyes look at the entire scene and say, “yes, this is a real photograph.” :+1:

Awesome. Thanks for the input. Yes to everything you said about the lighting. Part of the struggle with the lighting is that I want this to be an indoor night seen. The rest of the environment and off screen lighting is meant to be a warm feel. Here is another shot of the surrounding environment at a point before I added any objects on the counter top.