Collada: Compiling Blender: How do I enable collada support when compiling blender?

Collada: Compiling Blender: How do I enable collada support when compiling blender?
With Scons?

What about with cmake?

Collada is not supported on debain binary, nor is it when I compile the thing myself, either svn or the debians version.

This is infuriating, and there is no info on how to enable this.

I don’t know much about Collada, but cmake at least has an option WITH_OPENCOLLADA.

It doesn’t work. It cannot find the opencollada libs I compiled (which are in /usr/local/lib)
Why?

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_BUFFER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_BUFFER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_BUFFER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_BUFFER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a file.
OPENCOLLADA_COLLADABASEUTILS_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_COLLADABASEUTILS_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a file.
OPENCOLLADA_COLLADAFRAMEWORK_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_COLLADAFRAMEWORK_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a file.
OPENCOLLADA_COLLADASAXFRAMEWORKLOADER_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_COLLADASAXFRAMEWORKLOADER_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a file.
OPENCOLLADA_COLLADASTREAMWRITER_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_COLLADASTREAMWRITER_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_FTOA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_FTOA_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a file.
OPENCOLLADA_GENERATEDSAXPARSER_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_GENERATEDSAXPARSER_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_GENERATEDSAXPARSER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_GENERATEDSAXPARSER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_MATHMLSOLVER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_MATHMLSOLVER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADABASEUTILS_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADABASEUTILS_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADAFRAMEWORK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADAFRAMEWORK_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASAXFRAMEWORKLOADER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASAXFRAMEWORKLOADER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASTREAMWRITER_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASTREAMWRITER_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

//Path to a library.
OPENCOLLADA_UTF_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=OPENCOLLADA_UTF_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

/usr/local/lib$ ls
libavcodec.a libCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader.a
libavcodec.so libConvertUTF.a
libavcodec.so.53 libGeneratedSaxParser.a
libavcodec.so.53.61.100 libMathMLSolver.a
libavdevice.a libpcre.a
libavdevice.so libswresample.a
libavdevice.so.53 libswresample.so
libavdevice.so.53.4.100 libswresample.so.0
libavfilter.a libswresample.so.0.6.100
libavfilter.so libswscale.a
libavfilter.so.2 libswscale.so
libavfilter.so.2.61.100 libswscale.so.2
libavformat.a libswscale.so.2.1.100
libavformat.so libxml2.a
libavformat.so.53 libxml2.la
libavformat.so.53.32.100 libxml2.lai
libavutil.a pkgconfig
libavutil.so python2.6
libavutil.so.51 python2.7
libavutil.so.51.35.100 python3.2
libCOLLADABaseUtils.a site_ruby
libCOLLADAFramework.a testdso.a

Why won’t it work?

This fucking sucks. Why doesn’t blender come with opencollada. It is impossible to link, not even the debian maintainers know how to do it.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Blender Skipping: (bf_intern_cycles;bf_intern_utfconv;cycles_bvh;cycles_device;cycles_kernel;cycles_render;cycles_subd;cycles_util;extern_openjpeg;extern_redcode)
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADABASEUTILS_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
linked by target “blender” in directory /home/r00t/stuff/blender/source/creator
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADAFRAMEWORK_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASAXFRAMEWORKLOADER_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
OPENCOLLADA_OPENCOLLADASTREAMWRITER_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Why doesnt it fucking work
why why why whyn why

your app sucks

(to compile)

I have no problems compiling with opencollada on both Ubuntu and Arch Linux.

Your attitude sucks.

Fucking bullshit retarded garbage

http://code.google.com/p/opencollada/issues/detail?id=171

Open Collada ONLY works on windows

Your fucking app sucks.

It is impossible to compile with opencollada because it is impossible to compile opencollada on linux because linux doesn’t have UTF8 conversion header fles that windows has/needs.

How about you ship your shitty fucking app with the shitty fucking lib that it needs?

If it was easy or possible on debian 64 then debians blender projct would include collada support. It doesn’t, google, they don’t want to support opencollada.

(Probably because IT WONT COMPILE FOR THEM EITHER: IT IS WRITTEN FOR WINDOWS ONLY_)

Try compiling opencollada svn today

Hi,

I have a script that automatically compiles Blender with Collada, Python and FFMPEG. It only works for Fedora 15/16 but you should be able to look at the script to figure out how to compile Collada for your Blender.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Terrywallwork

Check the link above for the script.

Trying w/ these: https://launchpad.net/~irie/+archive/opencollada/+sourcepub/2269411/+listing-archive-extra

Linking CXX static library …/…/lib/libextern_libmv.a
[100%] Built target extern_libmv
[100%] [100%] Building C object source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/creator.c.o
Building C object source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/buildinfo.c.o
Linking CXX executable …/…/bin/blender
…/…/lib/libbf_intern_audaspace.a(AUD_FFMPEGWriter.cpp.o):AUD_FFMPEGWriter.cpp:function AUD_FFMPEGWriter::AUD_FFMPEGWriter(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, AUD_DeviceSpecs, AUD_Container, AUD_Codec, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to ‘avformat_alloc_output_context2’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
make[2]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[email protected]:~/stuff/blender

Got it to compile but when I open a 1.4 dae file:

connect failed: No such file or directory
ndof: spacenavd not found
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:612: Context did not connect: Access denied
found bundled python: /home/r00t/stuff/build/linux/bin/2.62/python
Segmentation fault