collada export fail

Hello!

I’m a relatively new blender user. Well, I started using blender about a year ago, but dropped it after only a few weeks, and I’ve decided to pick it back up again.

I’m trying to export a mesh in the collada file format, but having some trouble. I’m using blender 2.49 and I have both python 2.7 and 2.6.6 in my C drive. My computer is running Windows 7. When trying to export the file, I get an error, “Exporting failed check console for info”. When I click again, it gives me, “Error: Python script error, check console”. I do not know how to check the console, or even what to look for in there.

I am using a different computer than I was when I was using blender before (I’m on a powerful desktop now instead of a middling laptop), so I tried the same thing on my lappie. I had no problems exporting. Thinking that this was a problem with the versions of blender and python I’d downloaded, I deleted blender and python from my desktop and copied the files from my lappie to my desktop. Blender on my desktop is giving me the same error.

Simply using my laptop is not really an option. Blender taxes it greatly, and I don’t want to risk overheating it. Do you know what could be causing my desktop/blender to be reacting this way, and how I can fix it?

Thank you for your help.