After Blender 2.62 was released we started working on Collada improvements, mostly fixing very basic issues though. But the Collada exporter and Importer should now be in a much better state compared to the past. And now it is time to ask for testers to test the module in more depth and to learn what features are still missing to make this a useful module for exchanging models & animation-data between applications.
I believe that we now can transfer:
- static models with textures
- Basic materials&Lights support
- Armatures plus animations
- Shape keys and Shape key animations
The Collada Exporter seems more robust (better tested) than the importer.
What still is on the todo list:
- Full Materials&Light support
- Improve compatibility with other applications
- Better error detection
- Speed optimizations
- More todos are in the Blender Collada -wiki page
- <What else ? …>
Any feedback on bugs and missing features are very welcome.