Collision based render set up

Hey all,

I have a scene set up within a house and I’m trying to find a way to make the furniture in that house collide with the walls when I move the whole house, instead of having to animate each furniture piece individually.
I know it sounds lazy but is there any kind of containers or something that I can put around the objects to interact with the main house container? Like a fluid container or something?
I hope that made sense and if it did, any help or direction would be greatly appreciated :upside_down_face:

Is there a reason you can’t just parent all the furniture to the house? That’s the normal way to handle this kind of thing, you don’t want to be relying on simulations when you don’t have to. They tend to be fussy.

You can add physics rigid body to your objects. Depending on how complex are there shapes you 'll have to chose what kind of colliding shape they use. In general for a less expensive calculation , blender let you choose in between .box.sphere.capsule.convex hull. Or the most expansive one real geometry. The main building .I mean the inner of the house must be set as passive and moved by keyframes or by hand during the animation plays. You ll have to let it open on top to avoid blender consider it as a closed volume.
So … search for blender rigid body on your search engine … you ll find.
The effect you ll have doing that ll be more like an earthquake than anything else…
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/physics/rigid_body/world.html

1 Like

I have considered that but I don’t want it to look very ridged and stiff. I need it to be more realistic.
Thank you for your suggestion anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

This is perfect! I will dabble with this and see what results I can get. Even if the shapes don’t match completely, as long as the furniture will react as physical objects that will do the trick as it’s a long camera shot so nothing is the center of attention just chaos in the background.

Thank you very much for this suggestion sir! I appreciate it immensely :pray: