Collision issues

Why is it that collision allows mesh (or particles) to go through the object, there should be zero chance that an object should go through another object without enough force. The physics in blender are really difficult to operate. At times I can get it to do what I want, but right now I am having a heck of a time. I have one baked cloth with collision added to it, and am trying to add a layer of clothing over the top of it. it has worked for me before, and on the front side of the clothing. But where there is a thin piece of cloth it does not work. Also, why is it that when friction is set to zero, it still snags? It should be as smooth as glass covered in oil. Maybe they made blender so that you would break your computer and have to keep buying new ones.

Hi @TravJord It might be the solver settings are too low under the physics properties on your collision or cloth object. That’s all I got. I am a newbie at Blender. When I get frustrated that things do not work how I would like I have been trying to remind myself that this is free and that so many amazing people have worked on this to get it to where it is today. I totally feel you though. :crazy_face:

Thank you Saber. I deleted the bakes and cleared the cache many times to no avail. After messing with it for hours, I finally decided to take a break. This morning when I opened up blender and just hit the play button, everything was working great. It must have been something in the cache that would not reset by deleting the bake and removing the cached memory. Simple fix to hours of frustration.

I love it when that happens. I usually stay up late trying to figure something out then wake in the morning with some new perspective on how to approach a solution. But even better when it just magically fixes itself. I am currently trying to make soft bodies work with particle emitters to get falling paper and it is driving me crazy. :crazy_face:

I tried the soft body on my model, but just to run 160 frames would have taken my poor little laptop at least ten hours. so I will have to wait till I get a computer that can handle it. I have been looking at an I7 nvidia 1080. Don’t know if that will help.