Collision sensor screwed up?

I’m making a game where the main character isn’t dynamic, and yet I need to use a collision sensor. Unfortunately, it seems that collision sensors don’t work on non-dynamic objects. Is this intentional?

Collision sensors should work on non-dynamic objects, can I see a .blend?

Well, I can’t upload a blend right now, but it’s simple. Make 2 cubes. Make one of them have a collision sensor to end object. Make it Actor, but not Dynamic. Give it a Keyboard AND DLoc setup. Move it into the other cube. Nothing happens.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

It’s another bullet bug im afraid. Try the same test in sumo and everything should work fine.

I did the test and I see what you mean, Apparently it works with dynamic/dynamic and non dynamic/dynamic, but not non dynamic/non dynamic.

As a workaround the Ray sensor works for two non dynamic objects.

I’m making a game where the main character isn’t dynamic, and yet I need to use a collision sensor. Unfortunately, it seems that collision sensors don’t work on non-dynamic objects. Is this intentional?

Yeah, and even if you have a dynamic actor, the collision object has to be at least an actor for collision to show up, at least collision with a property. For me, it means setting all my walls as actors so the dynamic actors can read a property when they collide.

Strange you have to do it, when I do a dynamic/non dynamic collision using that sensor it works even if I don’t make it an actor.

You do have the fixed Blenderplayer version of 2.42 right I think there’s some post release fixes in there.

Oh, really? I thought it was just something about the windows executable. I’ll download it.

You’re right, damn.

Now my helicopter simulator doesnt work, because I can’t register collisions between the rotor and an obstacle, I was hoping to make destructable rotors… :frowning:

If somebody doesn’t come up with a solution soon, I have no choice but to switch back to 2.41 Sumo.

A workaround is to use ray sensors for collisions, you really need a solution you better report it to Erwin (possibly with a .blend) so he can diagnose and fix the problem (make sure it’s set to Bullet).

the static-static case might be disabled (optimized away) for collision detection, I will look into that. but dynamic-dynamic and dynamic static should work.

I need some simple testcases.

added_collision_sensor.blend from the http://download.blender.org/demo/test/engine-physics-demos-2.42-preview34.zip seems to work.

And dynamic-static collision (without actor, no property) works too:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=blender/&file=collision_sensor.blend
Can you modify this collision_sensor.blend file to demonstrate the problem and mail it to bugs at continuousphysics.com

Thanks,
Erwin

Hmm. Yeah, dynamic static is working. Not sure if it was not working on a release candidate, or I had a scripting error, but I turned off actor on my walls and everything works the same.

yeah i cant get the touch sensor to work in bullet either