Color Ramp not working with Eevee

I’ve been testing a model of mine and I’m trying to connect a color ramp to the color channel of a Principled Shader. When I connect the ramp to the shader nothing happens. I just want to control the ambient Occlusion effect of my model. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m running Blender 2.9.0

Without seeing your material I can only guess: You didn’t enable AO in your render settings.

But a quick google search should have given you the same answer.

I’m well aware of the AO checkbox in the render settings- thanks to Google!
I’ve tested the node on other meshes, works fine, but does not work on the mesh I want to use it on.
It has UV’s, normals are facing out in the proper direction, tried with different render modes.
I don’t know if its a bug or what

This is what I use with a PBR set up…just made it a bit simpler to really see the effect…

Can’t say if something like this will work on your mesh since you say the nodes work on others…so you might need to share the Blend File so we can test it …

Wow, Thank you for taking the time to show me this setup, I’ll screen shot that for future use!

I happen to start a brand new scene to get the node to work, not sure if there was a bug with the older scene, or I messed something up.

Thanks

Glad you got it to work…Yep, sometimes you just have to save and restart to get things back up to speed…As you continue to play with nodes you will find that adding in and building huge node trees…things really start to slow down in Eevee…as it has to Compute the shaders every time you touch something when in Render View…I got in the habit of switching to a Solid view ( Z) to move stuff.
Happy Blending!