Colorbox

Hey Blender friends, just got some recommendations that I should post up our first add-on here called the Colorbox.

With Colorbox by your side you can now adventure through the RGB jungles with no fear :crossed_swords:

:white_check_mark: Never have to copy and paste hex codes again
:white_check_mark: Upload images or palette png’s to extract their RGB values
:white_check_mark: Save and label your colors in custom palettes
:white_check_mark: Export anything to use elsewhere
:white_check_mark: Organize your palettes into collections
:white_check_mark: Convert any palette into a color ramp and add it directly to your node setup
:white_check_mark: Use our new color picker tool to select the exact colors you are after with any image
:white_check_mark: Use “The Swapper” to drive your scenes with color palettes and mix things up

Please check it out and let me know if this is something you would like as we are trying to really add on top of this with many free updates, but currently we are just not sure how many people need these types of color controls for Blender

Thank you all so much!
GO BLENDER!!!

2 Likes

I bought it the other day, and I think it’s a good add-on that improves the default Blender color handling and storage! Good job!

… Is that a personal question? A request? I use both Blender 2.80 (32 bit) and 2.93 environment, but even with Blender 2.80, ColorBox has all the functions except import color …
(According to Blender Market setting, it is supported from Blender 2.93.)

Since the save format is a png file, it is possible to extract the color from the ColorPicker function of the image editor and switch between Blender 2.93 and Blender 2.80 alternately without using the import function of ColorBox.

Currently, I save the color information of the ColorRamp etc. using NodeCustomBuilder (URL below) which is a free add-on (it is possible to alternate between 2.80 and 2.93 environments).

I don’t mean to force you to, but I think it would be good if there is a mechanism to move the color information to and from the old Blender ver. :woozy_face:

As a note, I get the following error message when importing (not in Blender 2.93)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\~~\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\colorbox-1_0_0\operators\images.py”, line 415, in execute
self.clean_file_path()
File “C:\~~\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\colorbox-1_0_0\operators\images.py”, line 411, in clean_file_path
if self.filepath.endswith(’.blend’):
File “C:\~~\blender-2.80rc3-windows32\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py”, line 674, in getattribute
return super().getattribute(attr)
AttributeError: ‘COLORBOX_OT_extract_from_palette’ object has no attribute ‘filepath’

I think this is a great addon and makes color management easier. I would like to see it possible to link all color channels, for example Lights and Grease Pencil…etc.
Great work!

1 Like