ColorCopy

ColorCopy, a game made in Blender Game Engine (2.79b).

Download game: https://gamejolt.com/games/colorcopy/698072

ezgif-5-903392cf38

ColorCopy is a game inspired by ColorCube, therefore a puzzle game. Your objective is to transport the fire to the bonfire and along the way, the torch must not be put out. You will understand what I mean if you play. The games has 36 levels.

2 Likes

i’ve did one too few years ago, you can check for some reference maybe, i’ve add world boss at end^^

1 Like

How small is this world! I swear I didn’t know your game. If I had known before, I would have used it as a reference for sure. I was inspired by Quetin Bolsee’s ColorCube like you though.
Unfortunately I can’t play your game because my computer is 32bit. I downloaded from Dropbox, installed it, but it didn’t work. My computer is a pentium dual core windows 7, haha!
From the pictures, I can see that your game is superior to mine. I have to admit I’m jealous :unamused:. One day I will learn the shaders from Martins Upitis.

you can see an video of the two first level here:

Sadly i’ve not recorded the level 12, but you have a world boss launch you missile and you have to escape them and validate activator to made turret fire on the boss.

thanks, yeah my game is not popular, i’ve also did an fps game with really nice graphics but the same not popular, i’m not share many work but i use blender since 2.49 so…

i’ve also use teleport system, but your system look more cool i’ve not arrive to made transfer the cube to other side of map like you, my is only flat like on video as i dont know anything of python!!

1 Like

The game is eye candy. Beautiful game.

This boss idea is cool. I thought of putting something like that where the player would fight a demon every 3 stages. The demon was putting you down all the time saying you wouldn’t finish the game. The game was going to be called “SataniCube”, but I saw that it would take a lot of work, so I decided to make the game simpler.

Do you have a link to that FPS game? I looked on your facebook account and didn’t find it.

Unfortunately, it’s luck whether a game becomes popular or not. I say this for others, not for myself; I know my game is the worst among the three in Multiverse ColorCube.

Yes, I used Python a lot, but I’m not a good programmer. In fact, I’m like a duck; I know how to walk, swim and fly but none of the three I do right.

And how did you change levels during the game? Did you go for a new .blend or just switch scenes? I did it like in YoFrankie and went to a new .blend. However, I ended up finding that if I switch or restart the game 33 times, the blender will crash. Then I found out that they had already reported this bug: https://developer.blender.org/T49329 . This only happens in blender 2.79 to 2.73. In UPBGE 0.2.5 this was fixed. And yes, my game has that issue, but will not corrupt the save. Hardly anyone would reach level 33 in one playthrough, I think.

I use new blend file for each level, in fact how i’ve doing is a bit tricky.

I’ve first export game as exe, then i’ve add manually the blend file of other level in the compiled exe game on folder somewhere, then i’ve rename extention, to what you want to look good^^.

Blender can still open blend file even it’s not an .blend, use full if you dont want people want copy your scene, it’s impossible to find them like that.

to do that, that require you know the final location and put in into your first scene on logic brick you know, open scene location.

Ummm, interesting :thinking:.

Actually, I wasn’t that worried that someone would dig through my game files because everything I use is pirated and cracked so I believe I should pay for my sins first, haha!

I didn’t know the “start game from file” Actuator could open other extensions :thinking: :. Thank you for the advice :+1: .