ColorCube now on GamersGate!

Fantastic stuff!

You’ll have to find a way to port this to the iPhone and Android. It means that you’ll have to bake the beveled surfaces–it won’t look as good. Fortunately, the screen is much smaller. No one will notice.

That looks like a really cool game. :3

wow that great ! I was wondering if you’d do it, and that it realy a good news you could work on it like that !
If only you could do a Linux version, it would be great, as linux people are realy looking in this kind of games and are generaly more happy to reward indie developpers… plus it could position this game in good place on the top linux games sites, which doesn’t have as much competition than on the PC market… (and maybe slashdot, if we make a story with your age ! :wink: )

Yes, it’s a good idea, but in that case I have to find another game distributor (because the current doesn’t support linux games).

Question: where is the free demo? I don’t see it. :frowning:

Over here.

Attachments

Lol, well done. And thanks, btw. Apparently I am a bit unobservant today…
[edit] Just finished the demo. Great work mate! Works flawlessly with 64-bit windows 7.

Not a big issue, but when pausing the demo on my wide-screen comp, the blurred background effect only covers the middle of the screen. You may want to fix that…

Its a really nice idea but you were using GSL , right? Or something else that makes it look that good…
I just wanted to point out that that one thing doesn’t work on everyone’s machine… (like mine) so perhaps you should allow people to turn it off… if thats even possible…

Or else people will be looking at a screen with a white field and cube trying to goes which colored object actually gives you the color and which one is the one thats supposed to receive it… :confused:

Normally, the game detect if your computer have GLSL or not. If there’s no GLSL, the game won’t launch.
Maybe I should make a non-GLSL version. Probably in a few time.

It’s not my fault, it’s because the overlay scene (the option menu) doesn’t support the aspect ratio change. The camera has a 4:3 aspect ratio, so everything out of its frustrum isn’t blurred.

Hi guys,
I’m making a very big update to my game.
It will include Windows, Linux and Mac versions, and you will be allowed to choose if you want GLSL or not, so the game should work on any computer of the planet! :smiley:
The new version will be available in the beginning of the next month.
Here’s what the non-GLSL option looks like for the moment:

Attachments

hey, this is good
but I you can make better looking nonGLSL version! (I will show examples if you want)

and I think you must find an iPhone coder, because this game is very good and I think you can make good sells on iPhone!

I’m not sure about an Iphone version. It’s not easy at all to do that. Most of the convertors don’t support python scripts, and I have more than 40 scipts in my game.
I don’t want to re-write the game for the moment.

And about the non GLSL version, it is still under development.
It looks far better with a shadow under the cube:

Attachments

Beautiful! I loved the original, i need to play this one!

The game looks great! I’m considering purchasing it! Anyway, great idea and cool game! Keep up the good work! Also, doesn’t this remind any of you of the game Cuboid for the PS3?

you can do some fake specular/reflections in simple opengl mode: duplicate the modell, set ADD mode for faces and put an angular map texture on this model with reflection mapping mode

I am sure you know but you can use light is this simple gl mode (vertex lights)

a question: is this gamersgate a good place to sell games?
do you know others like it?

have u made any money on it yet?

totally beastly i wanna download it now…hmm…loading…OH NO I HAVE TO PAY MONEY :*(

great game otherwise though saw the trailer :slight_smile:

oh wait theres a demo…just played it TOTALLY amazing, good enough to be mainstream, but i found a glitch, it was in level 7, when you lose your color thing on a launch thing, you completely stop moving, you can reset the level, but yeah, it’s a glitch i think