Colour Confusion

Hello,
I feel like I’m finally getting to grips with Blender after several years of sporadic attempts, the new 2.5 alpha has a much easier interface :slight_smile:

But I’m confused about colour.

I’m a web dev and used to using hex values or rgb/rgba in css. Attempting to bring those values into Blender gives odd results. I’m not talking about rendered results, but the actual colour picker. The hex I enter in the blender colour picker shows a much lighter colour than in any other app, it also renders a lot lighter, not suprisingly.

I’ve hit a workaround of using blender’s color dropper to select the right colour from a uv I’ve applied. But I’d like to know what I’m doing wrong or why blender thinks a hex/rgb etc value I enter is different.

(Using Blender 2.5alpha2 on OSX 10.5.8.)

Welcome to the world of colour management. Search BA for more info it’s been discussed a lot. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m happier with tkroo’s build. :slight_smile:

What happened to the rest of that message…

I think there was actually some bugginess in the color picker, with regard to gamma correction (or lack of it) that seems to have been fixed in newer builds. It seems it was actually shifting the hex value rather than just displaying it differently.