Combine nodes to render output

Hi,

I’m newbie and have simple question:) I want to combine vector motion blur, and deph of field (defocus) to the render output. Please any userful links or hints, thanks!

Moved from “Basics & Interface” to “Compositing and Post Processing”

I can’t quite make out what you are rendering but dependent on what the end result is intended to look like you might want to start with a Mix Node and use Add.

It won’t work this way.
The problem we are facing here is much more complex than it seems at a first glance.
Those two effects don’t mix together.
The way to approach this is to make one effect and than apply the other on the result of the first one, but…
We still need to find a good way to somehow convert Z-Depth such that it’s “motion blurred” before gets defocused or defocused before it gets “motion blurred”.
I’ll try to work on a setup, but I need some time.
Anyway - simple solutions won’t work here.

Try a “color – mix”…
Test the different types like “add,multiply” and that…
The “mix factor” uses the botom image,when the value is at one, at 0 the top…

hello… you have to motion blur the both image and z pass before they go into defocus… but the thing is defocus wont work here… you have to use blur node with variable size enabled…

and you have to normalize the Z pass to bring it into the realm of blurrable image and then use the color ramp on it to determine the focus… the black part is the focus… you need to do some per shot tweaking with this method… cause the result may not be that pretty right away. Splitting up the view into foreground, mid/character and background can help…