Combing two meshes with two different textures

Hello, new here. Im trying to combine two meshes together, but ive run into a problem. When i tried to use the boolean modifier, it overlapped the face texture that was already there with the body texture , which is not what i want it to do. is there a way to combine the meshes without this problem happening?

If you just JOIN the Meshes the combined mesh will keep both textures as they were
If you need to boolean here goes…

NOTICE…I just played with it and forgot an important step…it’s been awhile…
After you Boolean it will do as you said and over-ride the texture…But select the mesh and enter edit mode…select the Face (hover over and Hit L) should do it or manually select all faces, in the Material, select NEW and the use the dropdown to load in the Face Texture…then assign…you won’t have to do the other part since it is already there.

Hope I haven’t got you totally confused

i keep trying it but it doesn’t work. Could you perhaps show me photos on how you do it?

Gif failed to capture all so did some images…

1. After Boolean.In Edit Mode…select the different part you want to replace the texture with…
  2. Click the + and add new Material…
  3. Use the dropdown and pick the Material you already have made up for it…
  4. Click ASSIGN

If you still can’t get it to work…can you share the file and I will see what I can do for you…
if so make sure to embed the textures…