Combining Objects Question

I have two seperate mesh objects that I have created within Object Mode and that I have been modeling seperately in Edit Mode.

Because these objects are related to each other within the overall project that I am working on, I want to combine the two objects so that I can further edit them in Edit Mode at the same time.

Question:
Can anyone tell me a way that I can edit both of these seperate mesh objects in Edit Mode and still keep the integrity of both Objects seperated in Object Mode?

Also, I believe I saw a tutorial that shows how to quickly move a selection from one vertice or edge within the same edge loop using a shortcut key.

Question:
Can anyone refresh my memory on how to move a selected vertice or edge up or down or east or west without having to right click with the mouse?

Question:
Can anyone tell me a way that I can edit both of these seperate mesh objects in Edit Mode and still keep the integrity of both Objects seperated in Object Mode?
You can only edit them together if they are one object (join with Ctrl+J). The meshes don’t have to actually be connected to be part of the same object. You can always split them out into separate objects by selecting all vertices and P / separate as lose parts

Maybe vertex/edge slide is what you’re talking about. Ctrl+e -> edge slide, shift+v for vertex slide. If you’re using the latest version, hotkey “gg” for both. You can do this without right clicking but you have to use two fingers.