Come give your opinions about Blender video editing

chipmasque: Thanks so much for your help and tests. I was about to submit a bug report myself, so thanks for this as well. I would submit my .blend file, but the whole thing (including the AVIs) is almost a GIG… I don’t thinl you want to download that. Besides, it seams with your white-n-black blink test that you have the exact same problem I am having. Have you tried MIXDOWN in that test? I bet you any thing the funny audio distortedness will be saved in the MIXDOWN. Btw, I am not sure what codec I am using, but I am rendering in Linux, and I don’t think it gives a choice with FFMPEG… so the default.

Ramboman: I’ll try separating the audio like you suggest. That is something I haven’t tried. Though it will be frusterating, if it works, I’ll be happy. Maybe I can batch it of something…

Thanks all for all your help!

I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Yep, that’s how I was able to quantify the sync offset. And the audio artifacts (I got high-pitched squeals that reflect to some degree the beats of my test track) showed up even when not using codecs for audio or video compression.

I think you’ll have to split your audio out in a separate app (VirtualDub is a fair choice imo) if you want to use Blender VSE for your editing – I can’t see any way to “fix” the audio tracks the VSE splits out of the .avi – they’ve been “rewritten” with garbage included.