Coming back to blender... Need some more info...

Hi peeps…

I’ve been using 3DS Max for a potentially commercial project but have recently discovered the upgrade process has change so rather than costing £1000 to upgrade it’s now going to cost £4,500…

I’ve always been a fan of blender and have been meaning to come back to it for ages…

A couple of questions…

In 3dsmax I can create a wall 5mx3mx10cm… is there a way to match this in blender? I haven’t found a way to set a size or unit scale yet… am I just being dim and missing something really obvious?

Plus the completed models will be going into unity… I have seen there are scale issues… is this just a case of setting the scale to 1 in blender before exporting to an FBX file?

Cheers peeps!!! I’m planning on coming back full time and hopefully staying this time!! :smiley:

In 3dsmax I can create a wall 5mx3mx10cm… is there a way to match this in blender? I haven’t found a way to set a size or unit scale yet… am I just being dim and missing something really obvious?
In the Scene settings select Metric as the unit. In the object properties panel (N) you can type the objects dimensions.

Awesome… Cheers for that…

Can I set poly’s and scale in the same menu? Doh… Just realised you said about metric in that menu… Nevermind!!!

Just need to get around the changes since I last used it!!