Coming soon Blender Chi book

wow, did you made these eyes topology with the use of skin modifier alone, or did you edit the topology after applying skin modifier?

@GustavN

• I’m not sure how much it will cost, when completed I’m planning to send it to the foundation for evaluation and review.

@spirit

• the eyes are poly modeling technique

That eye model is very well done !

Thanks Sanctuary this is one of the many eye style the book will cover Anime, cartoon, etc…

Hello
Any news about th book?

I stop working on the book because i don’t know how to make screen shoot resolution for printing but someone in the forum give me some tips and I will resume the project soon and continue with the book…:eyebrowlift:

can you tell me the requirement- like dpi, resolution, etc
thank you

I’ll buy your book, how much and when does it drop?

Great,I am really surprised. did you made these eyes topology with the use of skin modifier alone, or did you edit the topology after applying skin modifier?
Minority Business

New guy … giving Blender an honest try. Currently following Blender Essential Learning via Lynda.com. After I complete said tut, I’d like to start learning modeling; for comic characters … low poly.

What is the status of this book. I will purchase the instant it is published.

What system/OS are you using? It also depends on your display i.e. monitor and video card/settings.

Quite good to put the technical for book, looking foward when it’s finished.

I find this book project quite interesting, but skin modifier doesnt work as a correct introduction por low poly modeling.

You should start learning low poly modeling in the correct way, extruding vertex/faces, achieving nice wireframes, etc.

Skin modifier is just a tool that can enhance your workflow when you know the basics and what you are really aiming for. Otherwise it can be really misleading for you.

wow thanks for be interested in the book i’m working on it the process is slow because i’m working on others project i will try to cover everything from traditional modeling, low poly, medium poly modeling, high res and some topology concept and technique but the book will be focus on stylized character modeling in blender like final fantasy and how to use others companion like sculptris, meshmixer, sculptGL, Skimlab as a complement to blender but the book will be focus completely on blender…:slight_smile:

Any suggestion are welcome something specific you want to see in the book here is a wip example model in skimlab send to sculptGL for basic shaping and them to sculptris for finer details them i will retopo , uv unwrap , texture paint and render in blender

Thanks Alvarocgi,

Almost finished with Blender Essential Learning. Basically going through these videos is basically removing the cloud and fear of the Blender GUI.

If you can point me in the direction of tuts specifically geared towards low poly modeling for stylized characters, please point the way!