Commodore 64 nostalgia

You’re invited to chat about all of your precious memories over here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good times, only thing missing is the old Atari 2600 console dusting on a shelf somewhere in the Background (since you have a the Atari joystick on that desk) :wink:

1 Like

I’d have included one if I actually used to have one. I sadly didn’t. I did have at least one of their joysticks though. From where I do not know. They were solid invulnerable things.

1 Like

Same here. I played it on my ZX Spectrum and I can still remember feeling how vast the game was. I spent many hours on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

beautiful! it really makes you wish to touch and feel that keyboard

1 Like

What the Apple ][ people were doing was even more crazy. That computer didn’t have graphic hardware of any kind: its speaker was a toggle … no sound generator. And yet there was a “pinball construction set” which could produce very realistic games with incredible sound.

I’m sorry to say that today’s programmers (these kids today … koff koff) :wink: have completely lost the art of making something out of absolutely nothing.

Oh, yeah … speaking of creating something out of absolutely nothing … that is a fantastic render which to my eyes looks exactly like a real scene.

1 Like

oh yeah, this thing could take a lot, i also remember blisters on my palm.

1 Like

Lol… when loading Bugaboo from cassette took an 1/2 hour waiting… and no way to get to the top… fu&%$ dragon always getting you… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Good times. Lots of good modeling, texturing and lighting, but what stands out to my eye is the way you made the LED “05” which is impressively realistic.

1 Like

It feels like we have a brain scanning technology and peeking into your memories this way. This how daily life in that room it looked back then, not how trendy retrowave scenery is designed. :wink:

1 Like

To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure my room was every that tidy :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

God damn, how much of this was from scratch? Looks amazing.

1 Like

It was all from scratch. A couple of assets I reused from previous projects (mug, books and magazine) but they were created from scratch as well.

That is too cool. C64 was my second computer (if you count the Atari 2600 as a real computer) but I never had such a cool screen! This brings back many fond memories. I made some games in BASIC and I remember that to create sprite graphics, you had to draw them on a piece of math paper first (ripped from a school notebook), and then for each pixel on paper had to put the corresponding value into the BASIC code. Good times… Really nice work!

1 Like

so awesome!

1 Like

Looks Awesome, EEVEE or Cycles?

1 Like

It’s Cycles @Alvvo

2 Likes

For comparison, here’s how it looks rendered in EEVEE

1 Like

I’m only reposting the original image here so that I haven’t got to scroll backwards and forwards to compare:-

I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

No light being cast from the spotlight in the Eevee render…

oops… the other way round… I think…