Can anyone fill in some gaps for me relating to the difference between rigging in Maya and Blender?
So far, my conclusions are:
- Rigify and HumanIK are more or less the same in that they will both yield a body rig, although Rigify seems like it’s the more flexible of the two,
- face rigs are a big pain and there aren’t really any addons/scripts/whatever to speed the process up a whole lot in either Blender or Maya,
- BlendShapes in Maya are more or less the equivalent of ShapeKeys in Blender with the exception that Maya wants me to cut off my character’s head to save RAM whereas Blender doesn’t need to make extra copies for each shape,
- weight painting is a big pain in both with the following exceptions:
- Maya will show me a list of vertices attached to a particular bone and the weight it has from that bone,
- Maya allows me to edit this list, changing weights, etc. (yeah Blender does allow me to edit, but only by braille)
Anyone care to add to this list or correct anything?