Compiling blender in windows: errors gallore!

Hi, I am following the mike pan compiling blender tutorial, I have the source with the libs, I have the newest version of scons available, I have the newest version of mingw and and older version that works better, I have dev-c++ with and without mingw and I’ve set all the path variables that you are told to set in this tut and another. I am using MinGW 3.something because 5.1.whatever dosen’t work. When I type, scons BF_TOOLSET=mingw BF_BUILDDIR=c:\build\install and press enter, this is what I get (note this is doing it a second time so it will just say whatever.a is up to date otherwise the console wouldn’t fit it all)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam Fisher>cd \build\bf-blender/blender
C:\build\bf-blender\blender>scons BF_TOOLSET=mingw BF_BUILDDIR=c:\build\install
scons: Reading SConscript files …
Command-line arguments
BF_TOOLSET = mingw
BF_BUILDDIR = c:\build\install
Command-line targets
No targets given, using default
Using mingw
Using config file: config\win32-mingw-config.py
Using config file: user-config.py
Building in c:\build\install
Configuring library bf_soundsystem
Configuring library bf_string
Configuring library bf_ghost
Configuring library bf_guardedalloc
Configuring library bf_bmfont
Configuring library bf_moto
Configuring library blender_CTR
Configuring library bf_memutil
Configuring library bf_decimation
Configuring library blender_IK
Configuring library blender_bop
Configuring library blender_ONL
Configuring library bf_elbeem
Configuring library blender_BSP
Configuring library bf_avi
Configuring library bf_blenkernel
Configuring library bf_blenlib
Configuring library bf_blenloader
Configuring library bf_blenpluginapi
Configuring library bf_imbuf
Configuring library bf_cineon
Configuring library bf_dna
Configuring library blender_python
Configuring library blender_radiosity
Configuring library bf_readblenfile
Configuring library blender_render
Configuring library src0
Configuring library src1
Configuring library src2
Configuring library src3
Configuring library src4
Configuring library bf_yafray
Configuring library bf_kernel
Configuring library blender_creator
Configuring resource winresource
Configuring program blender
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets …
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_soundsystem.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_string.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_ghost.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_guardedalloc.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_bmfont.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_moto.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libblender_CTR.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_memutil.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_decimation.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_IK.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libblender_bop.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_ONL.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_elbeem.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_BSP.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_avi.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_blenkernel.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_blenlib.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_blenloader.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_blenpluginapi.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_imbuf.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_cineon.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_dna.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libblender_python.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_radiosity.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_readblenfile.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_render.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libsrc0.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libsrc1.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libsrc2.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libsrc3.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libsrc4.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libbf_yafray.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\build\install\lib\libbf_kernel.a' is up to date. scons:C:\build\install\lib\libblender_creator.a’ is up to date.
windres --include-dirsource\icons -i source\icons\winblender.rcscons -o C:\build
\install\lib\winresource.o
windres: unrecognized option `–include-dirsource\icons’
Usage: windres [option(s)] [input-file] [output-file]
The options are:
-i --input=<file> Name input file
-o --output=<file> Name output file
-I --input-format=<format> Specify input format
-O --output-format=<format> Specify output format
-F --target=<target> Specify COFF target
–preprocessor=<program> Program to use to preprocess rc file
–include-dir=<dir> Include directory when preprocessing rc file
-D --define <sym>[=<val>] Define SYM when preprocessing rc file
-v --verbose Verbose - tells you what it’s doing
–language=<val> Set language when reading rc file
–use-temp-file Use a temporary file instead of popen to read
the preprocessor output
–no-use-temp-file Use popen (default)
-h --help Print this help message
-V --version Print version information
FORMAT is one of rc, res, or coff, and is deduced from the file name
extension if not specified. A single file name is an input file.
No input-file is stdin, default rc. No output-file is stdout, default rc.
windres: supported targets: pe-i386 pei-i386 elf32-i386 elf32-little elf32-big s
rec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex
scons: *** [C:\build\install\lib\winresource.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
C:\build\bf-blender\blender>

is there anything that I can do? any answer or link would be extremly appreciated seeing as how I’ve posted stuff like this several times before and never seem to get a response. thanks…

I followed the SconRefactoring page on the wiki with the cvs and it worked perfectly.
Follow every step perfectly and it should work

I have done that one too, the only things that I did different were that my directories were different, I downloaded from a website, not from cvs, I’m using an older version of MinGW because the new one goes wacky when compiling and I have a newer version of scons, is there anything else that I can do?